About the Hospital
Known as one of South Africa’s premier private health care facilities, Netcare’s Sunninghill Hospital is located in the exclusive Sandton area in Gauteng. It is not just its upmarket location that has earned Sunninghill Hospital its reputation. The hospital is known to have some of the best medical facilities and the country’s top specialists. Sunninghill Hospital was at one time a community hospital but under the management of Netcare it has flourished into one of the finest examples of the best of the South African private health industry. It is between 30 to 45 minutes away from O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, making it easily accessible to international patients.
Services and Wards
Sunninghill Hospital is best known for its cardiology and paediatric units. Patients enjoy the best care under the supervision of the some of the country’s top medical professionals. Sunninghill Hospital and its medical team is respected the world over. Complicated cardiac procedures conducted at Sunninghill Hospital have been beamed across the globe as part of training workshops for health care professionals. Not surprising that this is now South Africa’s premier paediatric cardiology center, a super specialty that has earned the hospital its world renowned reputation.
Apart from cardiology and paediatrics, Sunninghill Hospitals offers a host of services across all medical specialties. From orthopaedics to neurology and pulmonology, Sunninghill Hospital is constantly delivering the best of what South Africa has to offer in private health care. Not among its services are its renal unit, its brain lab and sleep lab. The hospital has also earned its reputation in the country by treating club foot with the non-invasive Ponseti method. Its craniofacial unit has also made medical breakthroughs in the treatment of child and adult head and face anomalies.
- Cardiology- Electrophysiology, Paediatric cardiology, Cardio thoracic surgery, Cardiac Catheterisation laboratories, Walter Sisulu Paediatric Cardiac Foundation, Angiography and Interventional Radiology.
- Emergency medicine – 24 Hour Accident and Emergency Department; Albertina Sisulu Sexual Assault Unit.
- ENT Surgery – Audiology, Gary Allan Specialist Voice Clinic.
- General Surgery.
- Gynaecology & Obstetrics – Maternity with rooming in facilities, Neonatal Intensive Care, Stork’s Nest – antenatal classes, nanny classes. Mammography and Bone Densitometry.
- Internal medicine – Specialist physicians, Pulmonologists, Incontinence Clinic, National Renal Care.
- Maxillofacial surgery.
- Orthnognathics surgery.
- Nephrology – National Renal Care.
- Neurology – EEG Laboratory, Brain Laboratory, Sleep Laboratory.
- Neurosurgery -Specialised back & neck unit, rehabilitation facilities.
- Orthopaedics – Hand specialist, De Ponte Club Foot.
- Paediatrics – Paediatric cardiology, paediatric neurology, paediatric pulmonology, paediatric neurodevelopment assessor.
- Pathology – Ampath, Lancet, Blood Bank.
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery – Cellulite and Liposculpture Clinic.
- Psychiatry and Psychology.
- Radiology = Drs Spiro, Wilson, Duncan and Fourie – MRI, CT, nuclear medicine.
- Vascular surgery.
- Other Services:
– Nuclear Medicine Blood
– Conservation Programme
– Wound Care Clinic
– Pre-Admissions Clinic
There are three visiting time slots for friends and families of patients in the hospital. Please note that these visiting times could change and it is important to contact the hospital for any amendments to visiting hours.
- Morning: 11h00 to 12h00
- Afternoon: 15h00 to 16h00 (3PM to 4PM)
- Evening: 18h30 to 19h30 (6.30PM to 7.30PM)
The visiting hours differ for patients in the maternity ward.
- Morning: 11h00 to 12h00
- Afternoon: 15h00 to 17h00 (3PM to 5PM)
- Evening: 18h30 to 20h30 (6.30PM to 8.30PM)
Fathers of newborns may be allowed additional times depending on the hospital’s policy.
Corner of Nanyuki & Witkoppen Roads
Map to Location
Phone and Fax
Tel: +27 11 806 1500
Fax: +27 11 806 1636
Website: Netcare Sunninghill Hospital
Image sourced from Netcare Hospitals website.