About the hospital
Located in the heart of Durban, just a few kilometres away from the city centre, Parklands Hospital in Overport is one of Netcare’s premier facilities in the city. This well known establishment has been in existence for the past 65 years when it was previously Parklands Nursing Home and became part of the Netcare Hospital group in 1998. It is now considered to be one of the leading and most popular private hospitals within Durban. With the Netcare Group’s larger St. Augustine’s Hospital less than 5 kilometers away, patients can be assured of additional medical services if necessary.
Beds and wards
The hospital has some 193 beds spread out across various wards catering for different specialties and patient needs. It is staffed by a dedicate nursing team who epitomise Netcare’s commitment to the best quality private healthcare for both local and international patients. The consignment of beds is spread out in different wards as follows :
- 24 private rooms
- 12 bed day ward
- 7 bed intensive care and high care ward
- 5 bed neonatal ICU
- 15 bed paediatric ward
- 18 bed maternity unit
- 16 bed minor and 36 bed major surgical ward
- 20 bed general medicine unit
- 27 bed oncology unit
Departments and services
Within the hospital itself and medical centre on the hospital grounds is a team of healthcare professionals, medical specialists and nursing staff providing the best of what private South African healthcare has to offer. This includes :
- Diabetic Clinic
- ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) Surgery
- Eye Clinic
- General Physicians
- General Surgery
- Maxillo-facial Surgery
- Oncology including Paediatric Haemotology
- Paediatric and Paediatric Surgery
- Pathology – Ampath Laboratories (Bouwer and Partners) and Lancet Laboratories.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- General : Daily from 15h00 to 16h00 and 19h00 to 20h00.
- Maternity : Daily from 15h00 to 16h00 and 19h00 to 20h00.
- General (Multi-) Intensive Care Unit : 15:00 to 16:00 and 19:00 to 20:00.
75 Hopelands Road
Map to Location
Phone and Fax
Tel: +27 31 242 4000
Fax: +27 31 207 5463
Website : Netcare Parklands Hospital